Knowledge Schools Trust English Hub Lead
Salary: Based on experience
Contract type: Full time & linked to English Hub funding Contract term:
Fixed Term Start date: 1st January 2020
Closing date: Wednesday 20th November 2019 at 12 noon
Interviews: As soon as possible on receipt of application
West London Free School Primary is a member of Knowledge Schools Trust and is one of 34 schools nationally to be awarded the English Hub Status from the Department of Education. As a result of this, we will be working with a vast number of schools in the region and we are therefore seeking to appoint an English Hub Leader to direct this exciting project.
The Role will involve
- Leading and developing the team of English Specialists in their role supporting schools. Coordinating the work of the English Specialists and overseeing the impact of the school to school support.
- Being committed to leading on establishing and maintaining links with a number of schools whilst supporting them to develop the teaching and learning of phonics; early reading and a love of reading.
- Supporting schools, where appropriate, with: writing of Action Plans; leading the audit process; working with the Executive Headteacher of Knowledge schools Trust Primaries and English Lead for the Primaries.
- Supporting Literacy Specialists to prioritise support required by schools; making decisions collectively on allocated funding and intensive support across the English Hub.
- Liaise with the Executive Headteacher and administration team to collate the information needed to meet the deadline for the monthly progress and financial reports to the DfE. Take a lead role reporting progress made by the Hub against the three priority areas.
- Maintain communications with colleagues from other English Hubs to support other schools and develop Knowledge Schools English Hub effectively.
- Where appropriate work with members of Knowledge Schools Trust Primaries when coordinating and delivering CPD to schools.
- Attend training and liaise with the English Hub Training Centre to ensure excellence in delivery.
In line with National Agendas and Teaching School initiatives, the role may include: occasional responsibilities deemed reasonable and appropriate by the Executive Headteacher.
Further information and application forms are available via our website.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Noon - Wednesday 20th November 2019
Further details and an application form are obtainable from the school website
Knowledge Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Completed application forms should be emailed or handed to:
Mrs. Laura Lund, Executive Headteacher of Knowledge Schools Trust